Monday, March 3, 2008

YES YES YES YES YES

A tip of the hat to Run Up The Score who linked coverage on ex-Steelers Coach Bill Cowher visiting Penn State last week for undisclosed reasons. The seemingly eminent Penn State head coaching vacancy is the tastiest way to view this piece of information; another rumored possibility is that his daughter is looking at PSU for college.

Either way, FUCK AND YES TO ATHLETIC DIRECTOR TIM CURLEY FOR HAVING A SLEEPOVER WITH THE CHIN. JoePa was probably fussing and pouting (and eating brains) over at his house while Tim and Bill drank Yuengling and played Mike Tyson's Punch Out! until the wee hours.


Cross that one off of the life To-Do list, Tim (still left: bring back the PSU-Pitt rivalry). While I support Paterno's subtle "Let Me Die On The Field" campaign, bringing Cowher Power to Happy Valley would completely lock down PSU's western PA recruiting. I've always felt that a unification of the state would lead to a PSU national title every 6-8 years. Plus, annexing Pittsburgh would be a huge step towards destabilizing Michigan's, and to a lesser extent Ohio State's recruiting.

In related news, a Google Search this evening of the phrase "Bill Simmons sucks" returned 834 hits. "I hate Bill Simmons" came in at about half that, at 443. While I find those totals strangely low, today I am proud to add a point to both. Here is a blog dedicated to hating him.

3 comments:

gumbercules said...

I bet that that was Simmons posting anonymously.

Anonymous said...

The #2 Best Seller was totally my late night go-to order at Primanti's. Well, with an egg. I miss that shit so much.

You know, the Cowher to Penn State thing baffles me. In so many ways, it makes no sense at all. But in other ways...

gumbercules said...

I agree that it's baffling, but it's nice to see that perhaps there is some open-minded thinking going on over there. As for the steak -- I usually pass on exotic toppings in favor of half a bottle of Red Devil.