Saturday, February 2, 2008

Songs We Listen to Before Going Out: They Live

We'd like to introduce a new weekly/semi-weekly feature to #2; Songs we listen to before going out. It will chronicle the songs we listen to before drinking, playing sports, or any combination of the two. All suggestions and comments are welcomed.

While not technically a song, I came back from drinking since 5 with every intention of passing out. Then I noticed this 1988 Roddy Piper classic on tv. I was 25 minutes in, the perfect amount. It led me right to this.



And just like that I'm ready to go out again. But that's not all. I present to you Keith David's greatest film moment before he made Jennifer Connelly mankind's hooker next door.



That's right. 6 minutes of the protagonists fighting each other. For no reason. Toss in the idea that the aliens are using humans to create their own climate for a hostile takeover, thereby making Al Gore their primary enemy, and you've got a film that was made way before its time. And starring Rowdy Roddy Piper. Give me a damn beer. I'm ready to drink again.

No comments: